Fashion Wire Daily - New York - Pharrell Williams descended upon Louis Vuitton's Soho boutique to unveil his eyewear collection for the French luxury house on Tuesday night. Over 600 guests were invited to meet Williams and his friend Nigo (co-creator of the collection and of hip boutique and label A Bathing Ape) for an Interview magazine co-hosted bash. Nigo actually sparkles in diamonds on the June cover. As for Williams, he is well-recognized as a performer, producer and actor - he's known as the lead singer with N.E.R.D., as well as producer with The Neptunes. He's thankful, inspired and ready to brand his evolving world in dynamic ways, with a little help from one of the world's most recognized luxury labels known for its infamous "LV" monogram canvas.
1. What did it take to get you and Nigo to join Louis Vuitton for this exclusive eyewear collection?
It's a great experience. At the same time, my friend Nigo, he likes Louis Vuitton and he got me collecting. I wasn't even collecting before I met him. Even now I have all kinds of trunks and bags.
2. You obviously have creative vision and a strong style sense, how would you describe it?
I'm just a big kid. I got the Peter Pan syndrome. You know what I'm saying. You know in a respectable way. My look is however I feel that day combined with what it is I have to do later that day.
3. What was your first Louis Vuitton purchase and where was the store located?
Wow. The monogram roller. I definitely bought it in the States. I got it in one of the first Louis Vuitton stores in New York City.
4. You attended the Louis Vuitton runway show in October 2004 - was that your first show and what did you see, remember?
That was with Catherine Deneuve. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I was sitting next to a legend. I have the president of the company coming over to tell me that he likes my glasses and wants to put them into production. They have never done that before. That was a big thing. I've seen runway shows before.
5. What makes your sunglasses collection so signature for Louis Vuitton?
I'd say that we collectively tried to do - that's myself, Nigo and Emma (Winter, eyewear group manager for the label in Paris) from Vuitton - was to bring a different flair to the regal sense. Vuitton is regal and royal. We tried to contain that royal side and [by] adding the flair and a new hipper mentality.
6. When it comes to shopping and style, any personal picks on the best city to shop or things that you always pick up in your wardrobe?
Great shopping in Italy. Milan is incredible. And France is a great place to shop too.
7. You've had some strong involvement in feature films, any one particular character or role that you have related to and would like to expand upon in the future?
Inspiration that is not to be shared with the world but projected. It's an evolution.
8. If Pharrell was to be branded and have a distinct look or logo (like the Nike Swoosh), what would it be?
9. How important are industry awards and accolades as a performer?
It's not considered when I am creating, but it's definitely appreciated in the end if you get it. Accolades are accolades, you know, someone commending you on something. Recognition is incredible. An added plus. The sense of achievement is not comparable to anything else.
10. I can recall a N.E.R.D. concert at a Tommy Hilfiger fashion show a few years back, any thoughts on the way that music fuses with fashion today?
I called Louis Vuitton Beverly Hills today inquiring about the Red Glasses in the PICS (named MILLIONAIRE), I was informed that no glasses have yet hit the floors and their is a waiting list. I was alos told that these glasses are VERY limited. Price tag for the MILLIONAIRES $1000 US dollars
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum