5th Dimension Forum Forum Index
<  General Discussion  ~  Generation fuck you...
HIPGARIA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:23 pm  Reply with quote

Well jus face it: Even a font size is OFF! Control and SB talk burns the paper with a foul smell. PCP? Stop the smoke pipe dream. A future generation in training zooms past a corporate design. Now. Dirty as the puchi hip buttocks star. The leader of Apre General, James, FUTRA, hardcore SPLAY, SSUR real world doent exist. CAUSE hype media and advertiser had no ideaa from origin. A Chinese shopping mall. Ridicule. TMZ of the staus. The stret godfather long hair and hippie beard shadows. A false internet hesitation pain. Loose! Only be cause the world is to lubricant! Like aNYthin is. FUCT all around!

Uncensored images and RARE lifestyle became warned about by a GLOBAL corparation [NKE]. Your srteet hero so called influener is nothing but the starving consultant. A snitch. Lunch soup, Chinjao, spring rolls (a single minute), almond tofu. ALL them.Unatural. Like a new reggae singer. The police crack down more. A jailed only Earl sweatshirt or some people on this BBS could be consulted soon (if you tallk fuck you). Just wait. Poor creaters! Why you dont Bring it? Please answer.

BEWARE!! ***Super-fore buttocks legend of the world!!!- - - >>HIPGARIA FROM GAL ZOO. ONLY SNEAKER, SUPPER ACCETABLE LOVEGAL AND PIE PIE IMAGE.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

HIPGARIA brings it again. hardcore SPLAY lurkin' is long gone. It is FUCT all around.

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

non hip but worth a post

Last edited by 78 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

FS: visvim + other rare shit
slyrobeson
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:55 pm  Reply with quote
5D
5D

BOND
elcerrito91
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 am  Reply with quote

MLI wrote:
When a brand stays small and stays consistent it can become like a goro's. Its just a fight against the lure of short term gain for the creators. Sometimes I wonder if bape had stayed at 1 or 2 stores and product was more consistent and stayed true to the original feel of the brand, how many hardcore fans would still be lined up outside everyday, just like the line out side Goro's every day.

Apparently people are lining up outside of Supreme (not sure which one, prob LA), but the difference here is that it's all hype and not because the people want the stuff.

Looking back on it all, I can see that James is semi selling out, but not to the extent of some brand owners. when would you say Supreme was at its peak design wise/ quality wise?

78- I agree with that last point about "young" people looking down on jeans and t-shirt, I experience that all the time here. I want to hear your take on MLI's last point.

Last edited by elcerrito91 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:10 pm  Reply with quote

At what point did you see Supreme sell out?

elcerrito91
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:58 pm  Reply with quote

78 wrote:
At what point did you see Supreme sell out?

well in a sense with the decline in quality and also with the increase in the number of camp caps per season, not per cw, due to the increased demand (at least here caused by OF). It's not really in the traditional increase in product quantity, but more so in decrease in quality and catering to the HBs. And also with the designs now, they seem uncreative and lazy as I've said before with the Kaws and Futura logos being rehashed.

I'm not saying he sold the brand out completely, where're far from that and I'm pretty certain that James is much smarter than that simply based off of what I've seen as far as the quantities go and keeping everything produced in small numbers, not to mention that he's making the most money right now with everything selling out. Plus I've read that when the web shop opened, the amount of product was still the same, so he didn't sell out in that aspect.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:27 pm  Reply with quote

elcerrito91 wrote:
not to mention that he's making the most money right now with everything selling out.

He made far more money in the hey day of Urahara. And the lines were x10 worse then. Fuckin snowing on the Daikanyama bridge wut.

elcerrito, your opinions scream of a kid who found out about supreme within the last 5 years. Box caps - as they used to be called - were produced in silly numbers 8yrs ago. I remember one season where there was practically the rainbow of colours. The biggest increase of a product type would be the loud beanies and silly accessories - which I think is pretty fuckin great. I'll give in on the quality aspect. There have been some shitty T's the last few years. But I'm pretty sure my TNF x preme jkt is superior to my taped m65 from 01... like JJ said in an interview about having to make his own tech jacket would cost much more and be too hard so he did the collabs (paraphrasing ofcourse).

I'm just bummed I flipped many box caps in the last couple years when shit is climbing in price. Too bad it's only the shit from the last few years and not the good shit from the early 00's and late 90's.

elcerrito91
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:52 pm  Reply with quote

78 wrote:
elcerrito91 wrote:
not to mention that he's making the most money right now with everything selling out.

He made far more money in the hey day of Urahara. And the lines were x10 worse then. Fuckin snowing on the Daikanyama bridge wut.

elcerrito, your opinions scream of a kid who found out about supreme within the last 5 years. Box caps - as they used to be called - were produced in silly numbers 8yrs ago. I remember one season where there was practically the rainbow of colours. The biggest increase of a product type would be the loud beanies and silly accessories - which I think is pretty fuckin great. I'll give in on the quality aspect. There have been some shitty T's the last few years. But I'm pretty sure my TNF x preme jkt is superior to my taped m65 from 01... like JJ said in an interview about having to make his own tech jacket would cost much more and be too hard so he did the collabs (paraphrasing ofcourse).

I'm just bummed I flipped many box caps in the last couple years when shit is climbing in price. Too bad it's only the shit from the last few years and not the good shit from the early 00's and late 90's.

I meant that if he sold out that he wouldn't make as much money as he is now.

I think I remember that interview too. The HBs pretty much jump on em if "he" wears em, the velvet box caps are still sitting. As for the high prices, it's all hype and not actual demand imo, once the hype dies, the prices will drop, there's a few I want on kpbx, but I figure that if I hold out, the price will fall. I agree with you on the accessories increasing as well, but with shit like that you can't really complain about it when the number goes up.

The brand definitely still has a market, but it also has become recognized in the mainstream as I think MLI said in this thread and I'm not just talking about the OF biters either, like 06 was when it became known among herbs at a high level, I'd say once the web shop opened. That new customer base, imo, was why the pieces have taken a hit as of late design wise, because pretty much whatever they put out, it will sell. The designs seem to have become catered to a specific group instead of just being 'put out' for sale and having Supreme see what happens, which imo was the attitude that produced some of the best pieces.

It's pretty funny to see how his op on reselling has changed over the years
http://www.btinternet.com/~nsinbath/supreme.htm

Quote:
What's your opinion on the secondary market of Supreme products (whether it be on eBay or in one of the many boutiques in Harajuku)?

JJ: I donšt like it very much simply because we try our best to make our clothing affordable for young people, after all Supreme is a skate brand & when I do see our things on ebay the prices are normally at least double what they should be. Basically I donšt like people getting jacked for a T-shirt. I much prefer if someone buys something from us that they plan on wearing it & not selling

that was back in 02

and then he said this in 09 (near the end)
http://www.interviewmagazine.com/fashion/james-jebbia-is-supreme/

here's the one you were talking about with TNF
http://www.5th-dimension.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4886
Forper
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:59 pm  Reply with quote

i gotta say my taste in ass is closer to hipgarias than 78s. nothing like that layer of puchi puchi jgirl not fat but fat that makes em so dirty in such a good way. nothin else like it

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:14 am  Reply with quote

elcerrito91 wrote:
I'd say once the web shop opened. That new customer base, imo, was why the pieces have taken a hit as of late design wise, because pretty much whatever they put out, it will sell.

I disagree that it was the webshop that made their T designs suck ass. It was the new team that came in that sucked ass. It just happened to coincide with the webshop opening perhaps. Lets hope a new team comes in to bring back the 'little more'.

And not everything sells out. Basics tend to sit - pants pants pants. Thank fuck for that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:14 am  Reply with quote

MLI wrote:
i gotta say my taste in ass is closer to hipgarias than 78s. nothing like that layer of puchi puchi jgirl not fat but fat that makes em so dirty in such a good way. nothin else like it

but do you put in the pooper?

elcerrito91
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:30 am  Reply with quote

78 wrote:
elcerrito91 wrote:
I'd say once the web shop opened. That new customer base, imo, was why the pieces have taken a hit as of late design wise, because pretty much whatever they put out, it will sell.

I disagree that it was the webshop that made their T designs suck ass. It was the new team that came in that sucked ass. It just happened to coincide with the webshop opening perhaps. Lets hope a new team comes in to bring back the 'little more'.

And not everything sells out. Basics tend to sit - pants pants pants. Thank fuck for that.

Of course certain stuff sits, shit some of the tees sit...but they do eventually sell out. That was what I was getting at, that eventually the shit is all scooped up. The designers did play a significant role for sure, but don't you think that the "new" generation of consumers and their desire for anything Supreme played any role in the "laziness" of the designers and subsequent uncreative pieces that we've been seeing? OR do you think they've lost the ability to create good pieces, design wise especially with the tees?

It seems like they have the attitude of "we're not gonna try, since it will be bought." instead of actually making solid shit and putting in the effort, but it may be a little of both.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:15 am  Reply with quote

I put it down to the design team.
I doubt there was a directive of 'be lazy cuz it don't matter'. That's just silly talk.
The hey day design team pushed 'preme to the top of the heap... it was gonna be impossible to maintain. The dip in design quality was inevitable, but to the extent it did drop was not something I thought would happen. And I do feel that they have realised this and have tried to do better.

BUT that Biggie T looks like some bootleg garbage and sets a precedent for a ton of copy cat designs... oh look we can take an icon image and just stick our 'box' logo and it's legit cuz 'preme did it.

I think they need more Dill n' his attitude of no imagery from the internet rule.

So do you put it in the pooper MLI?

Forper
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:23 pm  Reply with quote

nah not a fan. just pussy from the back generally for ass-satisfaction. you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:50 pm  Reply with quote

I'm with HIPGARIA on this one. I love the small firm bubble. Cool